Head of Legal Affairs: Sub-surface Imaging at CGG, Blogger and Nonprofit Advocate
Law Practice | Houston, Texas Area, US
***NOTE: IF WE HAVE NOT PREVIOUSLY CONNECTED AND THERE IS NO INTRODUCTION WITH YOUR REQUEST TO CONNECT I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCEPT***
A famous English novelist once said, “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.” In both my professional and personal life I have taken the opportunities given to me and turned them into full and robust experiences...
- Currently serve as Head of Legal Affairs: SI with CGG. I manage the legal team for SI globally and support global procurement and sourcing as well.
- Served as Legal Counsel for N.A. Operations at Weatherford Inc., where I drafted, red-lined and negotiated a myriad of contracts and legal agreements domestic and international.
-Founded and write for Notations on Nonprofits (www.notationsonnonprofits.com) an interactive blog covering the legal issues impacting exempt orgs without all the legalese.
- Extensive experience working with nonprofits: Clerked with MFAH and Texas Accountants & Lawyers for the Arts, write, speak, present and work with local nonprofits/social enterprises. Also have experience working with grant-making and micro-grants organizations.
- Won the Houston Business Journal's Best Corporate Counsel Award; Good Samaritan Category for my work with nonprofits.
- Always looking for new opportunities whether it be speaking or a pro bono counsel opportunity.
- Volunteer and hold a variety of national and local board/advisory positions for organizations that range from emerging to those with multi-million dollar budgets.