Head of Legal Affairs: Sub-surface Imaging at CGG, Blogger and Nonprofit Advocate
Law Practice | Houston, Texas Area, US
***NOTE: IF WE HAVE NOT PREVIOUSLY CONNECTED AND THERE IS NO INTRODUCTION WITH YOUR REQUEST TO CONNECT I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCEPT***
A famous English novelist once said, “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.” In both my professional and personal life I have taken the opportunities given to me and turned them into full and robust experiences...
- I served as Legal Counsel for N.A. Operations at Weatherford Inc., a major oil-field service company, where I draft, red-line and negotiate a myriad of contracts and legal agreements both domestic and international.
-Founded and write for Notations on Nonprofits (www.notationsonnonprofits.com) a blog dedicated to discussing legal issues impacting exempt orgs without the legalese.
- Extensive experience working with nonprofit organizations: Clerked with a museum and Texas Accountants and Lawyers for the Arts, write, speak, present and work with local nonprofits/social enterprises/associations and assist with governance issues. Also have experience working with grant-making and micro-grants organizations.
-Clerked for one of the largest Museums in the country, the Museum of Fine Arts (Houston), where I assisted Counsel with drafting exhibition/loan contracts, advising on operational issues, and drafting HR policies.
- Won the Houston Business Journal's Best Corporate Counsel Award; Good Samaritan Category for my volunteer work with nonprofits.
- Always looking for new opportunities whether that be speaking or a pro bono counsel opportunity.
- Volunteer and hold a variety of national and local board/advisory positions for organizations that range from emerging to those with multi-million dollar budgets.
Specialties: Contract review, red-lining, negotiations, brokering supply arrangements, procurement/supply chain legal issues, non-profits, writing, social media, researching on a limited budget, speaking